Territory Sales Manager
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
This position is responsible for agency appointments, training agency personnel on company products, procedures and underwriting guidelines and increasing company product sales in assigned region (s) or geographical area. This position sells the company products and services via appointed agents using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence production and quality of business with agents in assigned territories to increase company revenue. In addition, the position provides input and participates in gathering and creating reports relating to weekly agency visits and contacts, market intelligence, market planning and communication of technical development of products and services to clients.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Three-to- five years experience marketing P&C personal experience in designated state including marketing to independent agents in Texas.
- Experience required in marketing to homeowners and/or personal auto and marketing in commercial lines is a plus.
- Must have experience training and developing agency staff.
- Must demonstrate ability to problem solve and negotiate with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Understanding and experience with enacting FCRA and GLB regulation.
- Must be able to understand and review agency qualifications for appointment and make recommendations for appointment or dismissal.
- Experience selling and marketing to large territories P& C personal lines and Commercial products including homeowners, and personal auto is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Mapping, Internet based platforms and Web Page Management.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills including; formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Must possess a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
Licenses and / or Certifications:
- CPCU and/or CIC designation desirable