Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
This position investigates, adjusts and resolves third party general liability claims.
- Handles General Liability claims
- Ability to negotiate and settle claims
- Prepare written status and large reports to carriers
- Direct and monitor defense counsel on litigated claims
- Versed in first and third party coverage interpretation for a multi-state region
- Experience in drafting coverage position letters
- Strong investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate through both written and verbal correspondence
- Attend mediations and settlement conferences as necessary
ACM offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with an comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays and much more.
- College degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience handling claims
- Licenses to be obtained in all states in which claims are handled, to be obtained within 60 days of hire
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.