Adjuster - Litigation - PIP
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Windhaven has been one of the fastest growing auto insurers in the U.S. and we’ve had such success because we’re not your typical insurance carrier. We are disruptive innovators. With technology and data as our weapons, we have fought to become an industry leader. Working in Windhaven’s legal department allows you to tackle unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. At Windhaven we lead with legal and we are looking for talented professionals to add to our team.
The Litigation Adjuster will review and analyze Personal Injury Protection claim files referred to litigation in order to determine potential exposures, identify cases that should be recommended for settlement, and develop strategic plans with defense counsel to resolve litigated claims in an efficient, cost-effective, quality manner. The Litigation Adjuster will also appear as Windhaven’s corporate representative at depositions and trials.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years PIP claims adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry with at least 2 years litigation experience
- Full understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing
- Knowledge of automobile damage, mechanics of bodily injury, medical terminology, settlement negotiations and insurance case law
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required
- Experience in handling moderate to severe “attorney represented” injury claims is required
- Prior experience in presenting investigative findings of claim files along with strategic suggestions to a formal review board consisting of senior leaders
- Strong ability to skillfully articulate the legal options as discussed and collaborated with defense counsel
- Strong ability to set priorities and comply with Standard Operating Procedures, and Litigation Handling Guidelines.