Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.
Service Center Account Representative - Personal Lines Job Summary
The Service Center Account Representative – Personal Lines performs customer service duties including answering customer inquiries, communicating/negotiating with carriers, troubleshooting problems, handling renewals, and offering additional coverages.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
* Performs a variety of personal lines customer service duties for agents and clients.
* Handles a variety of incoming customer calls and emails including the following:
* Answering inquiries from customers including coverage questions, policy changes, quotes, billing issues, and other issues.
* Taking incoming claims calls and handling appropriately based on type of claim, carrier, etc.
* Handling evidence of property requests.
* Writes new business as appropriate or refers lead back to agency.
* Conducts account reviews periodically. Enhances and strengthens existing accounts as needed with needed additional coverages.
* Resolves disputes between customers, carriers, agencies and others while keeping appropriate parties informed of progress.
* Works closely with agencies on the following:
* Advising agency of critical events, and follows agency’s instructions if within guidelines or procedures.
* Handling renewals, cancellations and non-renewals with care, legally saving all accounts when possible. Notifies agency if account is unable to be saved.
* Documents work with appropriate activities in the management system.
* Serves as a resource to Westfield’s personal lines team, whenever possible, and cooperatively responds to underwriting requests for additional customer information.
* Utilizes carrier software and resources, agency management system, and software tools as needed to perform tasks and obtain needed information (e.g. underwriting guidelines, forms, manuals).
* Maintains knowledge of industry updates (carrier changes, market trends, products) and stays informed of state-specific guidelines and requirements (coverages, underwriting rules, procedures, laws).
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, agency relationship building and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
* 1 year experience in personal lines OR significant coursework towards an insurance degree and/or certification.
* Valid Property-Casualty agent license required within 90 days of employment.
* Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, high call/email volume environment.
* Demonstrated experience performing general office support functions.
* Demonstrated excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated solid math skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of general business flows, procedures and systems.
* Demonstrated experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and other standard office automation software packages.
* Proven ability to handle confidential information.
* High school graduate, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
* Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to operate various types of automated information processing equipment (copiers, etc.).
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.