Special Investigations Unit Investigator
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Special Investigations Unit Investigator (Broward,Palm Beach, Miami-Dade,Central and West Florida)
As a member of the company’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU), this position is responsible for conducting in-depth field investigations of suspicious property insurance claims including the investigation of low to moderately complex suspicious or unlawful activity by policy holders, vendors and corporate assets in prompt and expeditious manner.
- Independently investigate claims involving suspicions of insurance fraud from low to moderately complex investigations with minimal supervision
- Prioritize assignment and conduct necessary field work exercising independent judgment, initiative and decision making
- Analyze facts and data; conduct recorded interviews, when required
- Prepare investigative reports and make recommendations to claims adjusters and management
- Provide SIU support to independent IA firms and internal departments, that may include identifying training needs; participating in the development and presentation of training to raise the awareness of potential fraud
- Regularly meet with claims management to keep them informed of developments that may impact claims results in assigned region/territory
- Develop and maintain industry, federal, state and local government contacts involved in fraud investigation, detection and prevention
- Maintain and pursue technical competency through continuous fraud education with an emphasis on insurance fraud and other fraud related organizations at the direction of Manager, SIU.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in Criminal Justice/Corrections, or related field or a combination of education and field work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in SIU and/or investigative work in the property/casualty insurance industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of interview and evidence gathering techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
Bilingual fluency in and English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
No relocation benefits provided.