Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
* Maintains and manages requirements within requirements management tool and related System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) artifacts.
* Ensures requirement discipline artifacts can be effectively leveraged by other SDLC disciplines.
* Facilitates requirements review sessions with business and IT.
* Assists business clients with developing new business processes or modifying existing business processes (during implementation, may help develop communication material; define supporting procedures and standards; document training materials; assist in the immediate training effort; etc.).
* Performs or assists with defect or incident root cause analysis in support of mid-level severity incident and problem management processes.
* Performs or assists with other medium size or mid-complexity functions including vendor coordination, planning, project management, release management and change management as assigned and actively participates in special projects as assigned.
* Facilitates the identification of and analysis of automation alternatives within solutions.
* Assists in the creation of business cases and other related financial planning, impact identification, or value justification.
* Adheres to SDLC and IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
* Maintains and develops skilled level of elicitation and requirements documentation.
* Performs or assists with production support as needed.
* Provides subject-matter expertise and support to project teams as needed.
* Coordinates small projects or initiatives.
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
* 3 to 7 years of experience in Business or Systems Analysis.
* Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Proven ability to learn quickly, move with agility between assignments, multi-task, and to work effectively in a team environment.
* Demonstrated customer focus, interpersonal savvy, and perseverance skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and highly technical environment producing results.
* Demonstrated Property/Casualty (P/C) Insurance or product specific knowledge.
* Demonstrated Experience executing any role within the SDLC (including application developer, tester or project manager).
* Demonstrated Fundamental level of requirements development, engineering or management knowledge.
* Experience with enterprise requirements management tools.
* Bachelor’s degree OR commensurate experience.
* Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$60767.0 - US$78997.0 per year