Property SIU Investigator
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Property Investigator with our Special Investigation Unit in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating and analyzing complex, multi-discipline (but primarily Property) coverage and claims that have been referred to the special investigation unit (SIU) for potential fraud. This role typically handles a combination of complex attorney represented and unrepresented claims and moderate to complex losses, in which suspicious activity has been identified. The individual performs a thorough investigation including; (1) conducting background searches, scene investigations, and inspections; (2) taking recorded statements; (3) reviewing and analyzing medical notes, bills, and property damage; and (4) conducting witness interviews and social media searches. The individual conducts surveillance on property and/or creates scene reconstructions on some investigations and reviews whether fraud can be substantiated and supports a lawsuit. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Verifies loss facts and coverage
- Utilizes analytic tools or SIU field intelligence to identify complex claims for investigation and/or for support in the evidence of the fraud and damages
- Attends industry, law enforcement and NICB meetings to obtain information on latest fraud schemes
- Conducts thorough investigations of complex, attorney represented or unrepresented multi-discipline claims that are potentially fraudulent to determine if payment is warranted, including scene investigations and surveillance as needed
- Validates that the information provided and obtained through investigation is true and accurate and follows up on all possible leads
Local travel will be required for the position.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred and at least 5 years of progressive residential and/or commercial property adjusting experience is required
- Auto adjusting experience is highly preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.