AVP, Claim Services
- Career Level
IAT has an immediate opening for an AVP of Claim Services in our Omaha, Nebraska location.
This role is part of the Claim Services senior leadership team and will manage diverse and complex claim-related functions, ensuring proper claim settlements inclusive of achieving regulatory compliance for the Omaha Claim Center operations. AVP will provide leadership, guidance, direction and mentoring of multi-line team managers and will be responsible for operational planning, including staffing and budgeting.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads day-to-day operations with a focus on execution excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ensure commercial claim handling strategy is effectively managed, providing direction and support of claims in excess of manager’s authority.
- Coordinate as needed to ensure prompt, efficient and accurate claim payments by maintaining necessary claim controls, thereby providing high levels of customer service.
- Regularly provide insight into claim committee meetings for claims with an exposure greater than $100,000, and ensure that those claims are reviewed with the Major Case Unit.
- Establish solid reserve practice with adherence to Claim Handling Guidelines.
- Select, develop, motivate and train a quality staff of managers to achieve Claim Department objectives.
- Communicate with other areas within IAT such as Underwriting or Finance to ensure transparency regarding developing claim trends.
- Actively participate in Senior Claim leadership on matters such as staffing, guidelines, strategic planning.
- Monitor and evaluate manager performance, providing frequent feedback. Also responsible for hiring, training, developing and mentoring staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required, JD a plus.
- CPCU designation preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial multiline Property and Casualty claims experience
- Strong claim management experience.
- General Liability and Garage, Excess and Surplus and Commercial Auto lines experience all a plus.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates high self-awareness—seeks and embraces candid feedback with resiliency.
- Ability to translate vision into concrete business plans and strategies.
- Innovates and appropriately drives change and challenges process.
- Proven track record of coaching, mentoring and providing career development direction to direct reports.
- Drives effective team behaviors to ensure optimal outcomes.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.