Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
The Underwriter I is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluating, quoting, declining and non-renewing both new & renewal business. In addition, they foster the growth of our carrier and broker relationships. They are also responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with fellow colleagues and piers while supporting the Workers’ Compensation Division as well as all departments that interact with Underwriting.
- Carrier knowledge – adhere to carrier guidelines including systems & processes
- Review eligibility of risks based on our program guidelines
- Reviews all requests for additional insurers to determine acceptability with program guidelines
- Order/Review MVR’s, Inspection Reports, Contractor’s License & Website information
- Request additional information from brokers as needed to underwrite new & renewal business
- Review, analyze, underwrite, decline, quote, bind & endorse both new & renewal business within individual authority level
- Use sound underwriting judgement to properly price new & renewal business within established underwriting authority
- Send Non-Renewal or Conditional Non-Renewal Notification when applicable
- Communicate with brokers on status of quote and other issues of concern
- Process bind confirmation documents, assign policy numbers, order loss control when applicable, complete file organization for issuance as needed
- Process declines and close outs as needed
- Complete cancel/rewrite policies in accordance with carrier guidelines and company procedures
- Assist brokers with tasks or requests such as higher level endorsements, trouble-shooting, etc
- Perform file documentation and underwriting notes in preparation for policy issuance
- Assist underwriters when workloads demand or when others are out of the office
- Meet deadlines set forth by management and/or underwriters within team
- Held accountable for meeting production, retention, hit ratio & profitability goals
- Build and maintain carrier relationships over the phone, e-mail and personal interaction
- Responsible for field visits to assigned agency base in order to foster relationships and provide information and education regarding our various programs and appetites.
- Successfully pass internal and carrier file audit reviews
- Minimum one-year insurance experience in a support position
- Computer navigating skills – must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Policy and Accounting systems, Internet Explorer, and vendor specific computer programs
- Strong Communications skills. Must be able to correspond and communicate with producers in a courteous and professional manner to help resolve issues
- Reasoning ability – solve practical problems without strict instructions
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Six months to a year related workers’ compensation insurance experience or two to four years’ experience in professional business environment.
- INS classes would be a plus, but not required for the position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.