Customer Service Analyst I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Customer Service Analyst I will provide exceptional customer service for all internal and external customers by leveraging in-depth knowledge of CSE products and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will have strong decision making and analytical abilities, will offer suggestions and identify opportunities to drive process improvements, and will demonstrate a keen ability to resolve and de-escalate customer conflict with the utmost tact and professionalism. This experienced customer service professional is highly responsive, engaged with key business functions, and is interested in contributing to a positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly.
- Service all policy issues relating to rating, coverage and premium payment both internally and externally.
- Verify, rating, premium and payment history on all polices and/or prepare a statement of account when needed.
- Verify policy coverage and status for named insured, lienholder, and agents.
- Handle basic underwriting questions as stated on the guidelines.
- Identify and/or resolve policy system related issues as well as coordinating resolutions with other departments.
- Communicate with producers on routine matters both verbally and in writing.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective communication skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Must always be friendly and willing to provide assistance to others.
- Must be able to critically analyze all situations and solve problems efficiently
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Must be able to handle special projects with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Experience with multiline telephone and online ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of MS Windows NT, MS Excel, Office 365 and (preferred) insurance software.
- Ability to cope in a fast paced job environment.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience in customer service or help desk capacity
- Experience in a Property and Casualty Insurance environment preferred
We provide a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match), complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.