Senior Benefit Analyst - Austin TX
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Senior Benefit Analyst role is a critical role for a growing independent agency looking to bolster its infrastructure in the face of ACA compliance and healthcare reform. You will enhance the overall client experience by taking a deep dive on analyzing client data to identify actionable insights, provide strategic recommendations, and turn raw data into usable and easy to understand reports. You should have experience in underwriting or actuarial principles, in-depth understanding of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and possess an enthusiastic attitude about providing world-class service to clients.
What are the Goals of the Role?
- Work with a team to prepare ongoing reports for current clients including financial, claims, demographics, benchmarking, and utilization analysis.
- Provide recommendations to mitigate employer costs and improve plan performance.
- Prepare financial projections utilizing underwriting tools.
- Evaluate client population health utilizing risk assessment tools to identify future risks and gaps in care.
What Background Are We Seeking for this Role?
- Current analytical experience working with employer Health and Welfare plans.
- Current or past traditional carrier underwriting experience preferred, blended with current experience in an agency or consultative setting.
- Texas state life and health license required.
- Additional professional designations such as CEBS, RHU, GBA a plus.