Senior Underwriter - Sports and/or Entertainment
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE:
Within authority, the incumbent will manage assigned brokers to underwrite and process property & casualty lines focused in the Sports and/or Entertainment industries.
- Work with assigned brokers, generally ranging 15-35.
- Visit existing and potential new brokers to discuss our products and procedures such as; underwriting appetite, premium collection policy, profitability issues, pricing and coverage issues.
- Possess the capability to handle all lines of business and all types of rating programs.
- Capable of looking beyond individual account transactions; managing a book of business to achieve new business, renewal retention and ROE objectives in support of the Division.
- Handle all aspects of processing the Broker accounts.
- Perform financial analysis on the audited/reviewed financials or other financial information of insures using appropriate tools.
- Create and solicit renewal applications from the broker after reviewing the expiring policy and loss information.
- Underwrite endorsement requests from brokers and sign-off where required.
- Eight plus year’s commercial experience working in an insurance environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree (Prefer in Risk Management).
- Possess the capability to handle all lines of business & types of rating programs.
- Possess strong knowledge of competitive market conditions & acts in a decisive manner to achieve appropriate results.
- Clearly demonstrates specific knowledge requirements as defined by BSUM Underwriting Philosophy.
- Takes intelligent risks and exercises solid business judgment.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communications skills to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to draft communications that are clear, concise, complete and professional.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time in the performance of duties.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and email systems.