Customer Service Representative - Call Center
- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Provides customer service for external and internal customers.
- Receives and processes all first notice of loss according to the established individual program handling guidelines for assigned client/program.
- Makes follow-up phone calls and vendor assignments as requested
- Must possess a High School Diploma, higher education a plus.
- Bi-lingual abilities (Spanish) a plus
- 2+ years of call center customer service experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. (Microsoft Office platform.)
- Position requires poise, tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Requires long periods of sitting
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse and exposure to computer screen
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide telephone service and assistance to all company customers and other claim related parties
- Lead the caller through the first notice of loss reporting process.
- Obtain information from caller to verify the accuracy and completeness of information being reported.
- Record and properly enter all newly reported losses
- Respond to customer inquiries in a polite, timely and accurate manner
- Make follow-up phone calls to obtain necessary information
- Make assignments to vendors as instructed by unit managers or adjusters
- Process first notices of loss in accurate and timely manner
- Enter and maintain required claim information into company claim system
- Notify appropriate technical personnel regarding both new losses and technical inquiries on existing losses