Accounting Reconciliation Clerk
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Accounting Reconciliation Clerk needed for:
- Monthly reconciliation of accounting report sets as compared to banking activity on claims accounts
- Serve as backup for other accounting positions as needed.
- Complete stop payment requests within 48 hours.
- Update claims system with payment information from the Oracle database on a weekly basis.
- Escheatments: Process letters returned though Track It, update tracking spreadsheet on a monthly basis and report unclaimed property according to individual state filing requirements.
- Update QuickBooks as needed for Construction Company using job costing for AR, AP and misc journal entries.
- Assist with special projects as needed such as ITD bank reconciliations.
- Assist with other miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma / College degree preferred
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Technical Skills:
- Accurate typing of 35+ wpm
- Proficient knowledge of Quickbooks
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of online banking websites a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office based products
- Knowledge of copier and scanner use
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance when necessary.