Underwriting Rule Specialist
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
You will be part of the Life Capital US team within the Life and Health Strategy and Client Services unit. This role involves supporting the implementation of our automated underwriting tool, Magnum. Magnum forms a key part of our risk management strategy, enabling our clients to benefit from optimized operational processes and to provide the foundation for future growth opportunities. The Underwriting Rule Consultant is a key role at Protection Partners US, in turn a part of the new division, Swiss Re Life Capital. This team works to close protection gaps by working with life insurers and life insurance retailers to sell simple life insurance products in the mass market.
Reporting to Sr. Vice President, Senior Pricing Actuary, North America, you will be part of a team dedicated to delivering Magnum to client companies across the region. Your role will involve working with clients to configure the rules to meet their specific product requirements and underwriting philosophy. You will work with Swiss Re underwriting and rule development colleagues in the US and globally to share knowledge and formulate our best practice approach.
The role includes involvement in individual implementation projects; taking part in rule development, testing and support.
The main responsibilities include:
• Specification: Translation of product and underwriting guidelines into rule specification documents
• Rule development: Making changes to the rule base using Magnum's configuration tools. This includes changes to client rule bases and Swiss Re's core rules.
• Testing: Unit testing changes and supporting the Test Specialist with development of the regression test pack
• Client support: Handling client queries and changes during the deployment process and post go-live
There will be a requirement for some periods of on-site work in client offices and travel within the North America region, plus occasional international travel to meet with global Magnum colleagues. Flexible working will be needed at times to collaborate with colleagues in the rule development center of competence (London and Bangalore).
We are a start-up unit, established to deliver innovative protection solutions sold directly to consumers. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competences that are key to driving forward this new business, working closely with our partners and clients.
Our mission is to reduce the protection gap by simplifying life insurance and making it more accessible to people. Our motto is to "provide protection solutions as they should be". This means delivering solutions consumers feel good about buying and we feel good about selling.
• 3+ years life insurance experience preferably from an underwriting background
• Knowledge of life insurance risk products sold in North America market including life insurance and associated benefits
• Strong communication skills
• Show true teamwork, have a flexible and team-based approach to working with the ability to work independently and take personal accountability
• Proficient IT skills including the ability to use some of the advanced features of Word/Excel/Access
• Willing to learn and have a drive for professional development
• Flexible where travel is required