- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
In this highly visible position, you will make a big impact within the Commercial Insurance Underwriting Team by being responsible for the accurate data entry of decision-making statistical information in an ACL system and then compute premiums which results in a legal contract for our customer, the insured. Your primary goal is to produce high quality technical assistance to our insureds, agents and coworkers and show what it means to provide the best in customer service. You may also play an important role in coordinating support staff by organizing, training, coaching and developing them in the rating, coding and audit functions.
- Accurate entry of statistical information and computing of premium to generate a legal contract for the insured including new and renewal policy contracts, endorsements, cancellations, reporting forms and initial entries for applications and quotes
- Assist underwriters with information gathering and written correspondence
- Assist underwriters with set-ups including properly classifying and rating quotes, applications, cancellations, and premium endorsements per guidelines and authority levels. Refer those outside of guidelines to underwriter and include referral reason(s) and notes on any risk(s). File Adverse Risks.
- Perform customer service/public relations such as responding to agents' status requests and handling routine telephone inquiries from others including but not limited to agents, insureds, other departments, and underwriters; screen underwriter calls, handling as many calls within authority as possible; and initiate contacts with agency to obtain additional information as required.
- Coach and mentor raters and answer questions from the team
- Ongoing communication of progress and challenges to Support Staff Supervisor
- Review, process and/or distribute incoming mail tasks in accordance with authority levels
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School degree or GED required. Two or four-year degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- Minimum of 2 years of insurance industry experience preferred
- Must be willing to earn a Certificate in General Insurance (AINS) within 2 years of hire date, along with completing other continuing insurance education courses
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Good memory retention levels for detailed work
- Ability to handle large workload and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Promote a positive and professional image and develop productive relationships
- Demonstrate an open-minded, team-oriented, collaborative work style
- Strong analytical and math skills