Junior Underwriter - Casualty Liability Insurance
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Company is seeking an experienced Junior Casualty Underwriter that will be responsible for the daily underwriting of a risk retention group (RRG) that provides casualty liability coverage for assisted living/long term care facilities in several states. The underwriter should have recent insurance company underwriting experience with commercial general liability and professional liability coverage. Responsibilities will include to underwrite, analysis and evaluate new and renewal risk accounts for acceptance, rate, quote, decline and bind within a designated underwriting authority. Job duties will also include to assist with claim losses, policy issuance, changes, premium billing, policy administration and services. The Junior Casualty underwriter will help to build relationships with agents, producers, and policyholders while also interact in a supporting role with other company departments and individuals. Duties will also include able to assist with special projects or other duties as needed.
- Must have ability to use analytical methods to evaluate in the underwriting process for selection of acceptable risk accounts.
- Must possess proficient computer skills with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Quick Books, and able to learn other company used IT software or systems
- A college bachelor’s degree in business, insurance, or similar related field, and
- Minimum of 2-5 years casualty liability insurance company underwriting experience