Loss Control Inspectors
Ascendant Underwriters (Ascendant) is a Florida based licensed MGA specializing in the placement of commercial lines insurance products and program management services with an emphasis on the Hispanic Market. Ascendant’s core operating philosophy focuses on facilitating insurance agents’ business transactions with an emphasis on providing excellence and professionalism in servicing the needs of agents. Ascendant executes its business strategy through state of the art software and technology that maximizes operating efficiency.
Ascendant is dedicated to establishing and nurturing long-term relationships with our agent business partners, which differentiates us from other MGA’s. Ascendant focuses on providing training, monitoring performance/ loss ratios and providing incentives for the production growth.
Ascendant is looking for the next generation of industry professionals. If you’re looking for a company that offers stability, great benefits and compensation, with a strong emphasis on values and integrity, then apply today to find out how you can become a dynamic part of The Ascendant’s Team!
Primary responsibilities for this position includes implementing safety trainings to minimize work related accidents and/or incidents, conduct regular onsite visits to jobsites with the most claims activity and finalize the production of a master safety program unique to the insureds. You will be required to prepare written reports of findings and generate system recommendations for correction of unsafe conditions. The number of assignments may vary depending upon geographical location.
Requirements & Skills:
- Ability to observe business operations and evaluate management practices to determine if safety issues and hazards affecting insurance premium are adequately controlled.
- Ability to travel within a reasonable territory.
- Ability to identify hazards and exposures.
- Good communication and exceptional writing skills.
- Bilingual (preferred but not required).
- Strong typing and computer skills.
Benefits: Ascendant offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance: Health Insurance currently available through Neighborhood Health Plan. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of healthcare benefits and rates attached.
- Gap Insurance: Gap Insurance currently available through Trans America. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of healthcare benefits and rates attached.
- Short Term Disability: STD is currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of benefits and rates attached.
- Dental Insurance: Dental Insurance currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Fully paid by the employee. Schedule of rates and coverage attached.
- Supplemental Insurance: Which includes Life Insurance, Accident, Cancer, Vision, and Long Term Disability is currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Fully paid by the employee.
- 401(K) Retirement Plan: Retirement plan available through ADP. Employee can contribute from a 1% to 90% of pre-tax salary to the plan each year. Plan also allows contributions on an after-tax basis through Roth 401(k) contributions.
- We offer generous vacation and personal/sick days annually.
Keywords: Loss - Loss Control - Inspections - Inspector - Bilingual