Midwest Family Mutual
About Midwest Family Mutual
Midwest Family is a multiple line property/casualty insurer actively writing Personal Lines and Commercial Lines in 16 states: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Missouri, Kansas, Indiana, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado.
- Rated A- 'Excellent,' Financial Class VII by A. M. Best and Company, the industry authority.
- Excellent financial stability, liquidity and claims paying ability.
- Backed by quality, highly rated reinsurers.
- Serving the insurance needs of Midwesterners for over 110 years.
- Fast and accurate policy issuance.
- High level of customer satisfaction.our agency surveys show a 96%+ level of customer satisfaction.
- 100% direct bill with flexible payment options.
- Our agents are selected to provide the best in 'value added' service and insurance protection.
- Initial response to your claim is usually within 24 hours.
- Claims service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Tenure and expertise of our staff translate to consistent, quality service.
- We employ 'state of the art' technology to serve you best.
Midwest Family markets its products exclusively through independent insurance agents.
Our company was organized in 1891 as Minnesota Farmers Mutual Insurance for the purpose of writing crop and hail insurance for Minnesota farmers. In 1906, operations were broadened to include farm windstorm insurance. General fire and inland marine lines were added in 1929. Automobile and dwelling coverages were added in 1930. In the late 1970.s, the company expanded its product offerings to include homeowners and personal automobile coverages. To more accurately reflect the company.s broadened product lines and its lesser focus on the farm market, in 1983, the board of directors changed the name of the company to Midwest Family Mutual Insurance Company. In 1991, the company introduced its first commercial lines insurance products allowing the company to further broaden the products available to its independent agent sales force. In 1997, the company further diversified by adding the states of Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota to the two existing states, Minnesota and Wisconsin.