Workers Comp-Lost Time Claims Specialist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of the claim
- Determines validity and compensability of the claim
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving authority limits
- Manages non-complex and non-problematic medical only claims and minor lost-time workers compensation claims under close supervision
- Communicates claim status with the customer, claimant and client
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in claims review as needed
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or problematic claims as necessary
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of industry experience and claims management
CorVel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses