RSGUM is looking for an IT Claims Analyst to join our Chicago office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their insurance career.
The IT Claims Analyst will be responsible for delivering superior quality claim reporting and analytics while continuing to drive innovation in the claims IT space. This important role will optimize the delivery of claim data and analytics, while driving enhancements for a dynamic group of sophisticated claims teams.
- Performs core tasks of information delivery, including collecting, collating and assuring the integrity of appropriate claim data from multiple outside sources.
- Develops, automates, compiles, and prepares claim reports, including bordereaux and triangles.
- Functions as a liaison with IT and Claims counterparts and third party administrator and/or carrier partners to ensure the consistent and efficient delivery of comprehensive, quality claims data.
- Works closely with Actuary, business units, and relevant additional stakeholders to identify & resolve data related problems and issues.
- Responsible for making recommendations on the appropriate data sets to use, how to use them, and assists with the use of various data analysis tools.
- Takes the lead in developing and distributing training materials on Claim system and data usage and/or general Claim information.
- Assists Actuary and business units in developing data quality measures.
- Identifies and defines claim data quality improvement opportunities.
- Works with Actuary and IT leadership to build dashboards, scorecards and operational claim analytics.
- Provides conceptualization of data and sharing this knowledge through effective presentation of the data output with Claim Management.
- Ensures the Execution of all needed ad-hoc claim reports as required by business need.
- Maintains historical records/reports to ensure that all information is easily accessed and available on short notice.
- Assists Project Management/PMO staff in defining data project milestones and resource needs regarding claim projects.
- Provides direction, training and support to all quality initiatives to produce and improve claims statistical entries and reports.
- Stays current with the technologies that have potential impact on claim information processes, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for changes. and/or additions to the data analysts toolbox including changes in best practice and methodologies.
- Performs business analyst functions (eg requirement gathering, developer interaction, testing, deployment) in driving enhancements to existing claim user functions.
- Will be required to travel to our office sites approximately 15-25%.
- 3-5 years experience in a P&C MGA/MGU business with a claims focus. TPA experience preferred.
- Experience configuring & testing claim reports and effectively delivering claim data.
- Experience integrating systems and ensuring proper flow of claim data is a must.
- BA/BS degree in a technology related field a plus, not required.
- Strong experience with the SDLC
- Strong experience with core business applications & processes.
- Experience with reporting tools (SSRS, Tableau).
- Extremely detail-oriented, and able to work independently and manage multiple projects and clients.
- Proficiency in SQL Queries, MS Excel and Word as well as a strong working knowledge of other software and hardware such as Visio, PowerPoint, etc.
- Two or more years working with analytic tools/models in an insurance environment preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, organization, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Industry designations (eg CPCU, AIC) a plus, not required
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer