Business Integration Analyst
The purpose of this role is to facilitate data acquisition, analysis and reporting requests from both internal and external customers.
- Have a thorough understanding of the various source systems
- Develop SQL queries to retrieve information from relational databases
- Develop, test, document implement & automate reporting solutions following standards and guidelines set out by the department
- Conceptualize complex business questions, develop analysis and present actionable results
- Analyze large, noisy datasets and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable recommendations to a business audience.
- Collaborate with team members (onsite and virtual) to identify issues or request feedback
- Creates client level reporting and analysis as required
- Drive ideas for future analyses and data gathering efforts
- Share best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear manner across audiences of varied levels
Bachelors degree in the fields of statistics, business, mathematics, computer science or other related fields is required.
- 2+ years of experience in a data analyst or similar role.
- Experience in the fields of insurance, finance, accounting or statistics an asset.
- Experience in developing reports using tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services, Excel Services and Power BI
- Direct experience with a broad range of best-in-class database tools/analytics/research approaches and concepts.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of database concepts including normalization and data profiling; and the ability to write SQL and understand entity relationship diagrams
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing procedures