Examiner Claims Workers Compensation II (Salary)
At York, we believe that an experience marked by expertise, consistency and compassion sets us apart. And we celebrate the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives that allow us to stand apart from our competitors. Thats why we are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining people who represent our values and who believe in our mission.
Investigates claims to determine an injured workers entitlement to Workers Compensation benefits; Administers indemnity and medical benefits for valid Workers Compensation claims; manages a caseload of claims from inception to closing or settlement.
- Completes 3-point contact on new claims within 24 hours in order to obtain information necessary to make a compensability decision on the claim
- Establishes appropriate reserve levels based on financial exposure and updates reserves upon receipt of new information
- Directs assistant to properly pay indemnity benefits and Awards. Issue state-mandated benefit notices within the required timeframes
- Annotates, categorizes and addresses incoming mail on a daily basis
- Responds to questions and requests from the client
- Strong proficiency in keyboarding and data entry skills; most time spent in front of a computer entering text with applications.
- Must be able to type accurately, enter information into a computerized system
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 3 to 5 years
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Workers Compensation law, policies and procedures
- Medical and legal terminology
- Integration with Medicare