Underwriting Training Coordinator
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (Superior) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. Corporate Headquarters located in Wilkes-Barre, PA, GUARD offers a variety of coverages backed by the unrivaled security of a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
We are currently searching for an Underwriting Training Coordinator who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about training, are attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you!
The position is responsible for planning and delivering a professional, organized, informative training program in a friendly atmosphere for all new underwriting hires. In addition, the candidate will work closely with Underwriting Management to develop and implement ongoing training initiatives for existing staff.
- BA/BS degree required, or equivalent work experience in property-casualty underwriting
- Technical insurance designations such as AU, API, CIC or CPCU designations preferred
- Advanced knowledge of property and casualty underwriting procedures, assessing underwriting risks, legal and regulatory procedures, and underwriting practices in Workers Compensation, Businessowners, Commercial Auto, Professional Liability, and Package.
- Knowledge of insurance policy language and insurance policy forms
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Power-Point
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of the company
- Strong work ethic, independence, and dependability
- Ability to develop work flow processes
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!