Data Analytics Analyst
The Data Analytics Analyst / Sr. Business Integration Analyst will facilitate data acquisition, analysis and reporting requests from both internal and external customers. This role is also to analyze customer, product and transaction data and deliver insights and impact to the business.
- Establish business cases by identifying business unit or functional area needs that can be addressed with Data and/or Analytics assets.
- Conceptualize complex business questions, develop analysis and present actionable results
- Analyze large, noisy datasets and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable recommendations to a business audience.
- Develop and conduct analyses and communicate results.
- Collaborate with team members (onsite and virtual) to identify issues or request feedback
- Creates ad-hoc client level reporting and analysis as required
- Have a thorough understanding of the various source systems
- Develop SQL queries to retrieve information from relational databases
- Develop, test, document implement & automate reporting solutions following standards and guidelines set out by the department
- Drive ideas for future analyses and data gathering efforts
- Share best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear manner across audiences of varied levels
- Collaborate on projects with associates and business leaders from multiple groups within the organization.
- Bachelors degree in the fields of statistics, business, mathematics, computer science or other related fields
- 4+ years of experience in a data analyst or similar role (experience in insurance, finance, accounting or statistics is a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in developing reports using tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services, Excel Services, Power BI, Tableaux or SAS
- Direct experience with a broad range of best-in-class database tools/analytics/research approaches and concepts.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel
- Strong knowledge of database concepts including normalization and data profiling; and the ability to write SQL and understand entity relationship diagrams
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing procedures