AVP, Business Development and Strategic Growth
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an AVP, Business Development and Strategic Growth in our Flood Solutions group. The flood insurance business is changing. With NFIP reforms underway and the private market expanding at a rapid pace, growing the flood book takes a different approach than it used to. If you are a proven business development leader who has strong business acumen and are looking for a new challenge, this may be the right role for you.
This position will be responsible for driving activities supporting the business units strategic growth objectives, with a focus on building new client relationships, developing partnerships with other P&C companies and identifying and pursuing the leads for Flood book acquisitions.
These business development activities can take varied form, including but not limited to:
- Expand sales and grow revenue by pursuing market and niche opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating prospects position in industry and bringing in new business.
- Explore partnership opportunities with other P & C insurance carriers.
- Develop partnership with digital agencies to become their flood insurance product provider.
- Engage in direct and consultative sales activity to win business through new prospects.
- Monitor sales forecasts, identify opportunities to enhance performance and take action to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Lead and/or support assessment of new growth opportunities through market analysis and competitive understanding.
- Keep management informed of competitive activities and market conditions.
- Bachelors degree
- 8 years professional work experience
- 6 years business development experience
- 3+ years experience of working in long sales cycle sales which may involve C-level decision makers
- Demonstrated mastery of sales competencies
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate initiative objectives, sales ideas, plans and results to all levels within the company and to outside business partners as needed.
- The ability to keep up with changes in the market place, and the ability to modify strategies based on the changes identified.
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge of the business to discover, develop and implement strategies that bring financial results to the Business Unit and our clients.
- Prepare and deliver formal business development presentations to potential/existing partners, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of solutions provided by Assurant Flood and the partners current and future needs.
- Utilization of creativity to develop innovative ways to grow our business and differentiate our Business Unit from outside competitors.
- Knowledge of principles involved in the sales process.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with ambiguity and multiple decision makers.
- Ability to maneuver and influence.
- Ability to overcome obstacles/barriers.
- Knowledge of Flood Industry.
- Strong network and relationship in P&C space, preferably in Flood insurance.