Underwriting Assistant I
- Career Level
- Entry Level
Basic Function and Scope:
Assistant Underwriter I employees will be responsible to assist and support underwriters with the administration of quoting, rating and issuance of new business, quotes, renewals and endorsements.
- Worker’s Compensation and Automobile Policy rating (all states, multi-line).
- Obtain necessary information from Underwriters to complete tasks as needed.
- Work within established guidelines for processing quotes and issuing policies in our policy issuance system.
- Misc admin duties such as scanning documents, pulling posting notices and Proof of Coverage (POC) entry.
- Responsible for the administration of policy issuance from quote through issuance.
- Ensure that endorsements and policies are processed accurately and remitted back to the broker timely.
- Clear accounts in Underwriting System.
- Ensure electronic files are organized and setup for reviewing.
- Solicit renewal applications from the broker.
- Respond to Bureau Crits as necessary.
- Pull from the system or from other sources Loss runs and MVR’s as necessary.
- Process Audits
- Other Assistant Underwriting duties as deemed by the Environmental Regional VP or the Casualty VP.
- High school graduate
- At least 3 years commercial insurance experience working in an insurance environment.
- Working knowledge of insurance and policy issuance systems.
- Multi-line rating experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer Service and Team oriented.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Good organization and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working in a paperless environment.
Apply for Underwriting Assistant I
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly