Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Specialist (partial telecommute)
5 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Preferred Mutual is an insurance company, independent by nature, so we think about insurance solutions a little differently. As a company we listen, problem solve, examine challenges and collaborate on solutions being flexible and adaptable to ever evolving needs. What we do for our clients we do for our employees. We are process and domain experts, focused on solutions that deliver results for our clients and our company. We offer a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers and competitive compensation.
We are in search of an Enterprise Risk Management Specialist to join our team. This is a permanent opportunity, based in New Berlin, NY (greater Oneonta area) and will consider partial telecommuting, if the ideal candidate resides within a 100-mile radius of HQ. Sponsorship is not a consideration at this time.
- create and lead organizational capability proactively responding to opportunities, or threats;
- improve risk adjusted capital, risk profile and operating performance; identify, assess, prioritize and lead to actionable strategies/initiatives those risks, threats and opportunities of what is transpiring in the world around us while further correlating those potential opportunities and impacts to our industry and company;
- be accountable for full compliance with ERM and ORSA laws and regulations;
- create Business Continuity and Corporate Incident Response approaches ensuring preparedness and seamlessly responding to events that may impact normal operations.
Key capabilities for success include:
- ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within organization; ability to challenge/influence organizational thinking while creating a positive atmosphere; consulting services skills to work with business leaders to continuously improve their organizations;
- highly effective communication and project management skills; manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills;
- demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills; independent research skills – development of conclusions and recommendations based on such; ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, intellectual curiosity, and analytical rigor.
- BA, business or risk related field;
- 5 to 7 years combined experience in financial reporting, risk management, internal audit, or similar role preferably within P&C insurance industry;
- practical experience with ERM implementations and ORSA;
- one professional designation in insurance, or risk management field (CPCU, MBA, ARM), or progress toward designation.
Apply for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Specialist (partial telecommute)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly