Underwriter, Cyber E&O
- Career Level
The Cyber E&O Underwriter will actively markets, analyze, review, evaluate and monitor new and renewal accounts of all programs, exercise independent judgment in the processing of accounts and manage underwriting activities.
- Participate in prospecting through the identification of new business targets and opportunities, work closely with producer/agent to ensure department receives opportunity to offer proposal. Make strategy recommendations to supervisor.
- Review and evaluate new and renewal business based upon company underwriting guidelines, competition and geographic focus. Develop strategy and make recommendations.
- Review coverage requests provided by agent and determine department’s position relating to such requests within individual authority granted. Present those requests outside the individual authority to immediate supervisor for approval or guidance.
- Analyze and underwrite individual risks. Develop appropriate limit structure, retention, pricing and endorsements within authority granted. Refer to supervisor for approval if outside authority.
- Manage personal book of business.
- Cross market between the product offerings within the department.
- Meet all divisional servicing objectives including but not limited to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, file maintenance and documentation, etc. Maintain data integrity within the underwriting system.
- Perform required number of broker marketing calls. Solicit new accounts, gather market intelligence and deliver up-to-date department information relating to products and services. Manage select agency relationships to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Continue to develop and update product and underwriting knowledge.
- Maintain up-to-date familiarity with economic and legal factors that impact the department’s lines of business and the overall insurance industry.
- Participate in special projects and department initiatives at the request of manager.
- Coordinate with branch marketing representatives and profit center representatives to allow for cross marketing.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Four to eight years underwriting experience. Prefer experience within Professional Liability, including commercial E&O, D&O, EPL, Cyber Liability, Fiduciary and/or other ancillary management liability product lines
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial analysis background
- Strong computer skills and experience
- Strong marketing abilities
- Ability to establish broker relationships within the region
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
Position located in New York, NY
Apply for Underwriter, Cyber E&O
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly