EXPERIENCED WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE UNDERWRITER
Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated Underwriting professional to join our team. The position requires the person to:
- Research and evaluate product changes and underwriting programs.
- Interpret state compliance items for potential amendments to company practices.
- Communicate with company associates and other insurance service organizations effectively and clearly.
- Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
- Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
- Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
- Develop and lead branch underwriting training programs.
- Ability to travel and attend meetings and seminars as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Workers Compensation underwriting
- Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Active participation in insurance educational programs is desired
- Ability to travel and attend meetings and seminars as required