Mktg-PSID Product Design-Dir
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of hands-on product development experience, along with proven success in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate will possess strong technical acumen with demonstrated and increasing levels of responsibility, inclusive of:
- Proven leader with a demonstrated track record of building new businesses and developing and implementing strategic and operation plans;
- Strong technical acumen, particularly in development of software that incorporates a diverse set of data inputs;
- Ability to draw upon a broad base of technical skills to creatively solve complex product development challenges;
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and generate necessary consensus behind business plans; results driven and comfortable in driving change in a matrixed organization;
- Extensive experience leading and managing cross-functional teams; exceptional project management skills;
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines, ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment, ability to manage internal and external resources;
- Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries and capability to influence senior and executive management.
A master's degree in Engineering, Product Development, Computer Science or another technical field is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader of technical teams. He or she will be a thought leader, people leader and results leader; comfortable with creating and managing through change. This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement and possess high regard for transparency and collaboration;
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative;
- Strength in nurturing and identifying conceptual ideas that differentiate and “sell” people to action;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals;
- Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs;
- Create an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives where people work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations; and
- Curiosity - pursue lifelong learning and personal development.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.