Lead Visual Designer - Mobile
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Allstate's growing User Experience and Design Group is looking for an Associate Creative Director - Art who wants to do innovative, award-winning work in a flexible, fun, caring environment where they are treated with respect. Does working with other smart, creative people in a low-drama atmosphere sound intriguing?
As a ACD –Visual Designer, you will work on diverse digital initiatives and be responsible for the essence of the brand. Your in-depth understanding of visual design principles and desire to push conceptual thinking and the latest design and technology trends will be critical in creating experiences that meet the needs of consumers on an emotional level.
- Design beautiful and smart responsive web and native mobile solutions that delight our agents and customers
- Manage critical projects and implement strategic change to meet client's needs
- Partner with UX Architects, Copywriters, Researchers and Technology team members to ensure design follows best practices, optimizes messaging and is technically feasible
- Be an engaging and effective communicator of ideas
- Inspire others with your enthusiasm and work ethic
- Brainstorm big ideas in a group setting and express your opinion
- Create concepts, mood boards, visual design comps and other design deliverables and promote and sell your work.
- Identify brand, user, and business needs, in order to manage the development of innovative, creative, and results-oriented digital solutions
- Lead and provide guidance to team members to set performance expectations and ensure design follows best practices, optimizes messaging, and is technically feasible
- Build cross-functional partnerships and foster a team environment
- Actively participate in the development of team members in order to foster creative excellence across the team
- Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels
- Keep up to date in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops, and joining professional groups
- Recognize gaps in processes and recommend holistic solutions
- Strong, smart and beautiful portfolio demonstrating an expertise in concept and design and visual hierarchy across a variety of digital landscapes (websites, responsive design, mobile apps, web applications, digital media, email campaigns, etc.)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, BA in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15 or more years of visual design experience in a collaborative environment (digital or advertising agency experience preferred)
- Experience leading a team in achieving objectives by executing appropriate processes and services
- 3-5 years managing visual design teams or project teams
- Proven ability to work within brand guidelines to create compelling visual solutions
- Proficient with a wide range of design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- Ability to work effectively from Information Architecture and translate Wireframes into works of art
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Must be highly motivated, positive and a passionate team player
- Working knowledge of Sketch and InVision or the strong desire to learn.
- UX or Human Factors training
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.