Senior Internal Auditor - Emerging Business
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate IA serves Allstate and its stakeholders by providing objective, independent assurance to the organization. Our mission is to help the organization meet it's strategic, financial, operational and compliance objectives. Our internal audit teams apply their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization mitigate risk by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes.
- The Lead Auditor, Emerging Businesses has the responsibility for overall planning, execution, and reporting on individual audit projects across the portfolio of Allstate's Emerging Businesses. In addition to project planning, the Lead Auditor plays a key role in staff development on each audit through coaching and supervision to ensure the project follows department guidelines and that professional standards are met.
- Our audits cover all aspects of the business, including a variety of disciplines such as distribution, customer service, product operations, claims, operations, compliance, re-insurance, and finance. In Internal Audit, we offer individualized training on audit execution and extensive support in the areas of career development, continuing education, and the attainment of professional certifications.
- Audit planning and execution, including risk assessment, process, and control evaluation
- Leading audit engagements with multiple staff members
- Coordinating and directing the work of other project members on leadership assignments
- Providing ongoing internal control consulting
- Partnering with Management in support of key initiatives and projects
- This role offers responsibility for running audit engagements on a rotational basis as the in-charge of the audit engagement and the opportunity to supervise staff
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate complex business topics to Management via reports, memos, and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of risks and controls
- Ability to establish a network of contacts throughout the organization
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills around complex business issues
- Strong leadership, project, and time management skills
- Good understanding of internal audit practices
- Problem solving – uses judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Broad business acumen – ability to engage in wide variety of business discussions and quickly learn new and/or complex concepts
Experience with Internal Audit practices and methodologies or relevant business experience is required. We will also provide additional education through individualized training, and extensive support in the areas of career development, continuing education, and the attainment of professional certifications.
Allstate will not sponsor individuals for employment based visa's for this position.
Internal Audit department expectation: New hires can expect to spend their first twenty-four months in a specialized development program where you will be mentored and trained on the various organizations within Allstate, our auditing methodologies, as well as gaining the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to help you have a successful career in the Allstate Internal Audit department.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.