Regional Associate Manager - Corporate Relations
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
- Accountable for building strong relationships with direct reports and team members; work to help develop team members' skills and expertise as needed.
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive working environment; demonstrates consensus building and conflict resolution techniques; provides and receives constructive input, feedback, and counsel on project work.
- Develops long-term, integrated projects; adjusts and revises plans as feedback dictates; contributes to regional senior-level conversations to position CR as a key enabler for the strategic decisions of the region.
- Breaks down problems / issues into manageable and understandable pieces to fully identify the root causes; leads others to do the same; adjusts thinking and problem-solving techniques to adapt to changing client / company needs / issues.
- Contributes new and creative solutions to problems, which are actionable and realistic for the client to implement; leads others through the creative thinking process; synthesizes creative ideas and forms them into actionable solutions for strategic issues.
- Helps regional partners structure their initiatives to complement their overall strategy; identifies opportunities for CR to contribute their expertise to the region to achieve overall business goals; provides "on-the-spot" communication counsel to address new or potential issues.
- Maintains friendly and professional relationships with business partners at all levels; negotiates with regional clients in moderate-risk situations; anticipates implications from various courses of action and makes recommendations that are trusted and accepted by regional partners.
- Plans and budgets for team projects; negotiates for and allocates resources to optimize cost-effectiveness and productivity; delegates project work; sets agendas for team/project meetings; manages the total work of a project for the team; integrates project development with the long-term strategies of the business unit or company.
- Develops targeted messages which create an understanding of complex subject matter; demonstrates a high level of professional knowledge and skill. Creates communications which convey both the priority and interrelationship of key messages, leading audiences to the intended action and behavior change.
- 5 to 7 years in a communications role
- insurance and financial services business acumen preferred
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Business Acumen
- Reputation and Brand Management
- Writing Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Internal Communication Skills
- Media Relations
- Government Relations & Public Affairs
- Issues Management
- Communication Strategy and Planning
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Strategic Philanthropy
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.