Product Operations Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Encompass brand is sold exclusively through a network of more than 2,400 independent agents. Each of our agents are committed to delivering superior service and quality products to their discerning policyholders who have worked hard to achieve their lifestyle. As part of the Encompass Product Operations family, you will be working closely with teams made up of product experts, actuaries, quantitative analysts, underwriting and coverage consultants to deliver product and pricing solutions to achieve corporate economic capital targets while positioning Encompass for thoughtful growth.
As a Product Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic business decisions of countrywide underwriting through the evaluation of trend analysis, reporting and monitoring key business metrics. With direction and support, you will be tracking minor initiatives, gathering key business metrics, facilitating profitability analysis support, as well an analysis of our competitive landscape and other assignments of basic to moderate complexity. A successful analyst is able to perform more complex forms of analysis, linking different data sources, producing a more in-depth product and communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Develops familiarity and utilizes available data sources/tools and measurement processes to understand Countrywide underwriting performance and help identify out of pattern trends at the state and agency level;
- Understands how each data source and tool is used to support various analyses.
- Performs reasonability checks and understands the data and measurement results to support the decision making process.
- Gathers data from multiple resources and reconciles data and potential inconsistencies across multiple reports.
- For a given process (CCP, profiles, vendor usage, etc), monitors quality of business, quoting patterns, and underwriting trend deviations.
- Identifies emerging trends at a countryside, region, state, agency level.
- Designs comprehensive tools used for analysis and recommendation creation to aid decision making for the countrywide underwriting team.
- Identify current tools and reports available.
- Design a more comprehensive, one stop report for key operating items for countrywide underwriting, incorporating items from existing tools and reports.
- Collaborate with Allstate and Encompass data and analytics partners to leverage existing tools for each team.
- Uses analysis to influence and drive action with business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward looking perspectives.
- Development lifecycle – develop a rollout schedule for tools and future improvements.
- Track program plans, timelines and tool performance/updates.
- Ensure controls are developed for validation and execution of tools.
- Build strong relationships throughout the Encompass Product Operations team to incorporate concepts/ideas for further enhancements.
- Identify and resolve data issues.
- The ability to work with numbers and formulas is required. Output of information will range from data, reports, analysis, and research as well as numerical exhibits and written communications.
- Coordinate efforts of all team members to ensure flawless execution of product deliverables.
- Leverage the skills, knowledge, and experience of others to optimize business results.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships.
We are the Good Hands: We help customers realize their hopes and dreams by providing the best products and services to protect them from life's uncertainties and prepare them for the future. Allstate's best-in-class products and services help provide innovative protection and retirement solutions to more than 16 million households nationwide. Our evolving business strategies and solutions continue to reinvent the industry standards, helping our customers better protect what they have today and prepare for a brighter tomorrow. Allstate's strategy of serving unique customer segments with a broad range of products under the Allstate®, Esurance® and Encompass® brand names.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of related experience; undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Math, Economics (or related field) or relevant experience in quantitative disciplines
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Analyzes data and reviews analysis from others
- Strong Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; Advanced – Excel skills; Intermediate proficiency with Tableau; Intermediate in SAS/SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Good presentation skills
- Can effectively manage multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Works effectively in a team environment
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.