At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Medical Claims Representative Trainee (PIP Claims) - Plymouth, MI
Our Medical Claims Representative Trainees are crucial to the success of our claims team, analyzing and adjusting medical claims. Using your customer service and investigative skills, you'll support Progressive and our customers as you resolve injury claims.
We'll provide you with in-depth training so you can feel confident researching claims and negotiating to reach settlements with providers and attorneys. Every day will be different as you work independently to resolve problems and investigating details of a claim. You'll also have the support of a collaborative team, which includes ongoing coaching.
Schedule will be based on business need and will be either 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Reviews and researches policy contract, regulation and cause of injury to make coverage decisions
* Recognizes the potential exposure of a claim and adjust reserves accordingly
* Identifies, reviews and researches wage loss expenses and documentation for payment consideration
* Reviews and interprets policy language when subrogation demand is received to determine if reimbursement is owed
* Interprets medical records and understands medical terminology regarding injuries
* Conducts research to understand correlations between medical records and motor vehicle accidents, injuries or medical conditions
* Bachelor's degree
* In lieu of a degree, 5 years of relevant work experience which includes:
o claims adjuster in medical claims or other claims experience, or
o a position that developed or required the ability to think critically, solve problems, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and embrace new challenges
* Attention to detail
* Proficient in the use of the Internet
* Ability to type/keyboard and use the telephone
* Strong customer service skills
* Must successfully obtain required state licenses
Benefits & Perks:
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. Progressive employees also benefit from:
* Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
* Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
* Wellness program with discounts & rewards
* Earning paid time off after first two weeks and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Apply now to find a job you'll love!
Equal Opportunity Employer