Travel Sales Agent
- Career Level
- Not Specified
AAA MountainWest is driven by an unconditional responsibility to prepare and protect our members on their journey through life in the MountainWest. As one of the most recognized brands in the nation, AAA has over 100 years of experience with an outstanding reputation in the Travel industry.
We have an immediate opportunity for a sales minded and dynamic travel connoisseur to join our outstanding team of Travel professionals. We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and use your talents to deliver our tradition of legendary member service. Now is the time to grow with America's most trusted organization that is absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
Why Work for Us:
We are committed to you and strive to provide you with opportunities and training to reach your full earning potential. We offer:
- Top level training
- Commission opportunities
- Ability to own your success
- Generous Personal Leave Accrual
- Competitive compensation packages
- Opportunity for advancement
- Exciting opportunities to travel
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun, friendly work environment
About this Opportunity:
Travel Sales Agents are critical in helping deliver our tradition of trust through unparalleled service and value. As a rapidly growing company AAA MountainWest is recruiting a unique individual with world-wide travel knowledge to provide exceptional travel services and support to our members and employees. Our door is open to a motivated, knowledgeable and customer service oriented individual who enjoys the challenges a career in the travel industry has to offer.
Travel Sales. Travel Sales Agents actively promote and sell domestic and international Cruises and Tours, Air, Hotel, Car and Rail ticketing as well as all other related products and services. Provides personalized travel counseling and packages to our valued AAA members. When necessary Agents will provide website support for cruise and tour bookings, sales lead follow-up and final document processing.
New Business Development. Travel Sales Agents seek out new members and develop travel clientele. Generates leads through prospecting calls and increase business referrals by utilizing internal call lists and networking within the community. Maintains professional associations with clients, community organizations, events and other activities outside the office.
Member Experience, Membership Sales. Travel Sales Agents are experts at tailoring our AAA products and services to create a unique and memorable vacation experience. This position evaluates member requests and suggests products and services to exceed expectations. Travel Sales agents promote and sell AAA Membership and maintain a working knowledge of membership benefits and systems to continually improve and deepen the relationship with the member.
Industry Knowledge. Our Travel Agents possess world-wide travel knowledge and must keep informed of changes in industry standards, rules, fees, fares, and procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental, industry and AAA MountainWest regulations.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Formal travel school training
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA)/Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) designation preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as the ability to quickly learn and apply the AAA MountainWest processing systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and through email
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum two years leisure travel experience with travel sales background
- Knowledge of Apollo or similar GDS program
- Thorough knowledge of US and global geography
- High school degree or GED required
Apply for Travel Sales Agent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly