- Career Level
- Not Specified
American National prides itself on being a family-oriented company, hiring dedicated people who embrace this traditional foundation for rewarding careers, and providing our customers with the service they expect and deserve.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Entry level position that spend a large amount of time learning insurance accounting, company organization, systems, etc.
- Learn and participate in the recording, processing, reporting and analyzing of financial transactions
- Prepare reports in accordance with established rules
- Prepare reconciliations of various general ledger accounts to supporting detail. Clear reconciling items.
- Assist in maintenance of accounting systems
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist on projects with learning opportunities
- 4 year college degree in Accounting or Finance. Having the necessary number of hours qualifying to sit for the CPA exam is preferred
- Must be able to become an FLMI or AIAF within 5 years
- Some work experience in an office environment preferred but not required
- Requires knowledge of spreadsheets, ability to operate Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn other computer applications