At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
WI Waukesha Office
R2480 Sales Office Manager (Open)
We have an ambitious goal: to be the most trusted and valued customer-driven insurance company. Not merely trusted and valued — the MOST trusted and valued. And not just customer-focused — customer-DRIVEN. If you have a passion for delivering exceptional, industry-leading service and providing leadership for others to do the same, then this could be your dream career!
*This position will be located in Greenfield, WI
American Family Insurance agency owners are seeking talented, caring individuals to join their agency team. As a sales unit manager, you'll play an important role in the leadership of the agency operation — you'll hire, on-board and develop the agency staff that sells and services American Family Insurance products. You'll also direct and manage agency growth by developing knowledge of your local market dynamics for business development opportunities for all product lines. You'll monitor customer retention trends and create necessary action plans to optimize results — all with the ultimate goal of achieving sales and profitability and service goals.
- Managerial leadership, sales and customer service experiences
- The ability to work independently to plan, set priorities and organize work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with PC software applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Experience using a wide range of digital devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers
- Experience with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit or negotiate insurance products. This position must have at least one qualifying line of authority: Property, Casualty or Life
- A valid driver's license
Knowledge and Skills Preferred but not Required:
- Knowledge of insurance concepts and principles
- Analytical skills
- Active involvement in your local community
- Experienced in Insurance sales or management, specializing in one or more of the following: Personal Lines, Life, or Commercial Farm/Ranch products
- Effective multi-line insurance prospecting and sales experience
- Insurance designations (LUTCF, ChFC, CLU, CIC, or CPCU)
You'll work as part of a team in an office setting. Work on evenings and weekends and travel might occasionally be needed. This position comes with a base pay, plus bonus/commission potential.
The sales unit manager is a staff member of the agency and not an employee of American Family Insurance.
Protecting dreams is just as important as pursuing them. This is an opportunity to launch your career with the ability to learn and grow with a successful and respected American Family Insurance agency. Make this job your first step on a path to a very bright future!
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community!