At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
IL Springfield Sales Office
R2498 Insurance Sales Specialist; Pittsfield (salary + commission) (Open)
Are you passionate about making a positive difference and having a meaningful impact on the lives of people in your community? You are able to do just that by inspiring, protecting and restoring their dreams. Your talent, people skills, empathy and positivity will be a perfect match for our sales specialist position.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN PITTSFIELD, IL
American Family Insurance agency owners are seeking talented, caring individuals to join their agency team. As a sales specialist, you'll wear many hats, including consultative selling techniques to attract, retain and sell insurance products and ensure excellent customer experiences. Your clients will rely on you for honest, expert advice and, in turn, you'll use your skills as a proactive problem-solver to identify insurance protection products that meet their unique needs. You'll also promote brand awareness through participation in agency and community events.
- The ability to work independently to plan, set priorities and organize work
- Active involvement in the local community
- Sales and customer service experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Experience with software applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Experience using a wide range of technology devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers
- Experience with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit or negotiate insurance products. The following lines of authority are required for this position: Property; Casualty and Life; (Health is optional)
- A valid driver's license
Demonstrated knowledge of insurance concepts and principles and effective multi-line insurance prospecting and sales experience are preferred but not required. You'll work as part of a team in an office setting. Work on evenings and weekends might occasionally be needed. This position comes with a base pay, plus bonus/commission potential.
The sales specialist is a staff member of the agency and not an employee of American Family Insurance
Protecting dreams is just as important as pursuing them. This is an opportunity to launch your career with the ability to learn and grow with a successful and respected American Family Insurance agency. Make this job your first step on a path to a very bright future!
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community!