Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Pacific Resources is a leading employee benefits advisory firm servicing large, mainly Fortune-ranked companies. Headquartered in Chicago, and with locations throughout the country, we partner with clients across industries to deliver complete solutions to their Life, Disability, Voluntary, technology and other non-medical benefits challenges. For over three decades, our unique, evidence-based insights have shaped innovative employee benefit solutions, impacting the lives of millions of employees in rewarding and binding ways.
Our employees are specialists, with many years of experience in the group insurance industry. We are committed to inspiring our clients, exceeding their highest expectations of service and industry knowledge, and driving innovation in the employee benefits marketplace by continuously challenging markets and conventional wisdom.
Our company is a nimble, fast-paced, client-centric organization. We take great pride in our work and are driven to deliver exceptional results. Successful candidates are those who embrace the pace and share the passion for our business with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently within tight deadlines.
We’re scaling our Benefits Technology and Marketplace Solutions Practice and are in search of a Director of Benefits Administration and Marketplace (Exchange) Solutions who will assist with strategy practice development and deployment and ensure top-tier client delivery of benefits technology solutions. This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic, highly reputable and regarded team known for thinking creatively, solving problems, and embracing Innovation while having some fun!
The preference is for this position to be based out of our Chicago office, although we will consider a remote work arrangement for the right candidate. This regular, full-time position reports to the Vice President, Technology, Marketplace and Engagement Solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in benefits technology, healthcare exchanges, health and welfare products, funding, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets
- Act as the primary resource to clients, client teams and prospects and serve as an organizational thought leader on behalf of clients to ensure best-in-class benefits technology and marketplace solutions
- As a trusted advisor, maintain strong relationships with key client stakeholders to develop new and expanded business and gain client referrals
- Responsible for over-all project management and accountability for practice clients
- Lead and facilitate updates for all benefits technology and marketplace templates and client deliverables
- Lead client analysis discussions to ensure all technical documentation, such as RFPs, match the technical specifications for clients ongoing delivery and project goals
- Use client knowledge to anticipate needs; exhibit intuition, and display willingness to tap into prevalent data, including providing ROI analysis and exhibits
- Oversee the management of SOWs/MSAs for practice-related projects
- Develop and manage vendor relationships to understand and compare products, delivery methods and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients
- Work collaboratively on cross-functional teams to prepare and develop clear and concise client presentations
- Manage ad-hoc client requests
- Develop and support direct reports and the broader organization in client-facing opportunities
- Leverage the talent/resources on the team and within the organization to generate results to meet the needs of clients
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in benefits administration or healthcare delivery – strong preference in dealing with employer groups over 10,000 employees
- Increasing responsibility in the benefits technology field as a benefits consultant or manager/director of benefits department at a mid- to large-size corporation; prior management consulting experience highly desirable
- Accident and Health Insurance License (or the ability to obtain within one year of employment)
- Experience and continued desire to manage people and lead team preferred
- Strong knowledge of the benefits technology business, including products and services, operations and delivery; intermediate compliance, regulatory and legislative knowledge
- Viewed as an expert in the field with the ability to build partnerships and establish credibility at all levels of the organization and with clients through confident interpersonal, verbal and written communications and presentations
- Strong negotiation skills and confident communications in challenging situations
- Strong project management, analytical and consulting skills
- Self-directed with positive drive and approach, including the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a virtual working environment
- Strong attention to detail with highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage strict deadline and turnaround time requirements
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems, and embrace Innovation!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Travel required as necessary
To Apply, please visit: http://www.pacresbenefits.com/director-benefits-administration-job-opening
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.