Enterprise-Admin Assist-Cons II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position supports the Executive Vice President of Allstate Brand Operations. Qualified candidates will be expected to team with this leader to provide comprehensive, pro-active and diversified support ensuring all the administrative operations of this executive's office are executed with a high degree of professional standard.
Key Responsibilities of this position may include:
• Coordinate and maintain appointment schedules and calendar. Proactively take responsibility for calendar management utilizing good judgment and initiative.
• Open, sort, review and organize incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence. Independently draft/compose routine letters and general correspondence (including e-mail) from verbal direction or from knowledge of processes and procedures.
• Design and format reports, forms, correspondence, utilizing the firm's standard and highest possible quality orientation. Create, format, type, edit, proof, and finalize reports and presentations with great attention to detail using extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word (including Mail Merger) and PowerPoint.
• Work on a variety of special projects as needed with multi-tasking as necessary. Ability to take initiative, use good judgment, understand deadlines and carry multiple projects through to completion with an ability to work independently under general direction, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
• Prepare complex and confidential letters, technical memorandums and reports for professional and managerial staff review and action.
• Work with junior and senior level technical staff, intercompany group leaders and office leaders as well as area and corporate management to make certain their needs are addressed in a timely, professional manner.
• Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties.
• Provides complex screening, fielding, prioritizing of inbound communications via telephone, mail, and e-mail to resolve critical issues in a timely manner.
• Coordinate arrangements for internal/external meetings, conference calls; compile and disseminate materials for meetings and calls as required.
• Prepare and schedule activities such as travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client or third-party appointments, conferences and general office events, including scheduling of conference room use and catering needs.
• Monitoring expenses for the office with a responsibility to budget adherence; review and coordinate approval of all expenses including processing accounts payable invoices.
• Typically has 7-10 years of prior experience supporting a large team or executive
• Advanced command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills using pleasant interpersonal skills
• High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others
• Able to assess work load and re-prioritize as needed, handling multiple task under tight deadlines
• Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency
• Ability to work under pressure as well as the ability to deal with interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments
• Ability to influence and persuade various internal and external constituents to drive projects to completion
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.