Represented Casualty Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Have an eye for detail? Do you have strong organizational and time management skills? Are you looking to accelerate your career at a renowned company?
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Represented Casualty Claims Service Adjuster in Louisville, KY!
Combine your skills of working with people and investigation!
As an Inside Represented Casualty Claims Service Adjuster you are responsible for investigating complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims; (3) complex Commercial Property Liability (CPL) or extra-contractual liability claims; (4) or specialized claims (e.g., business interruption, loss of income, E&O policies, etc.). You will also handle claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations. You will take recorded statements, resolve loss of use claims, make payments to appropriate parties, and negotiate and settle or refer bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved. You will need to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention while verifying coverage, investigating and determining liability, reviewing and determining damages, and negotiating and settling complex claims. You will provide work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provide mentoring and coaching to the team. You will work independently, prioritizing your responsibilities, and managing the your workload. You will also consistently meet band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
- Takes recorded statements from insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into complex auto accidents, determines liability and prepares summaries
- Evaluates and determines potential use of experts; reviews reports and participates in selecting the expert
- Determines claim value
- Reviews file to identify complex potential legal issues
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- May participate in one or more complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on large projects
- May serve as a subrogation or arbitration panelist
- May assist or participate in Telephone Alert Conferences regarding complex claims referred to Home Office
- Assists in reviewing files and making recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
- Achieving targeted performance goals to manage costs and support Allstate's industry-leading operational standards.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Prior Casualty Claim handling experience preferred and experience working with attorneys is a plus
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach other on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.