Product Management Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Field Product Management Office (FPMO) makes business decisions for a line of insurance or defined marketplace which appropriately consider product, pricing and risk management levers. They evaluate the opportunities and challenges in the marketplace and build strategies to address them while ensuring integration with other business units to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
Participate in projects using appropriate technical skills to complete assignments that support business goals. Supports teams in the implementation or design and communication of projects, products or analytics Key Responsibilities Collaborates with Internal and External Stakeholders to Execute Processes and Projects Aligned to Business Strategies
- Assists with or leads assigned projects
- Tracks own plan performance and project plan or timeline
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project on individually assigned tasks
- Actively participates in building strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
Participates in the Development and Execution of Strategies and Plans
- With direction and support, conducts routine analysis of the marketplace, competitive position and business results and can articulate findings that support the development the local market operating committee/Line strategies and plans to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
- Participates in the integration and delivery of planned changes/project/products in the region with Sales leadership
- Understands basic market specific implications of business strategies
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/ legislative practices for Product Management
- Understands internal and external compliance requirements/standards and recommends adjustments to strategies as needed
Builds expertise as a Subject Matter Expert on Product, Price and Risk Management Policy and Processes and Competitor Intelligence Tools and Resources
- Develops basic working knowledge of all Allstate personal lines product, price and risk management policy and processes and competitor intelligence tools and resources (including basic knowledge of underwriting systems and technologies)
- With direction, understands local market (business results, marketplace realities, regulatory environment and competitor actions etcâ€¦) and how it may impact home office strategies and deliverables
- May conduct analyses of product, price, risk management policy and processes
- May conduct analyses of Competitors using internal tools and resources
- Bachelor's degree;
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate specialized terms and data
- Intermediate knowledge of product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of lines, rate plans and product offerings
- Working knowledge of current industry standards/environment
- Good collaboration and relationship skills
- Ability to plan, implement, manage, and/or sponsor projects of small to medium complexity and/or small to medium scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.