At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Are you ready to drive decisions? Do you want a seat at the table, directly impacting a company's success?
As a managing Master Data Scientist with Progressive, you'll have that direct impact. You'll pioneer our analytical growth and innovation in customer experience, using your statistical, predictive analysis and machine learning expertise to move our company forward.
We need a subject matter expert to lead a team of senior and master-level analysts as we explore predictive models, artificial intelligence models and collaborative filtering to improve the experience of our policyholders. And, you don't have to give up doing what you love to manage. You'll continue to work directly in analytical and programming tools to discover actionable patterns that optimize and innovate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build strategic relationships across the company while consulting on various projects that improve results using analytical approaches
• Collaborate with business partners to ensure models and recommendations are understood and incorporated into products or business processes
• Explore research ideas and lead the resulting projects beginning with data gathering and research design
• Bachelor's degree with quantitative focus in Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field (Mathematics) with five years of experience in Statistical/Quantitative Modeling and/or Machine Learning tools (R, Python) and in using various database tools (Hadoop, SQL) processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data
• Instead of a degree, eight years of relevant experience in Statistical/Quantitative Modeling and/or Machine Learning tools and in using various database tools processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data
• Four years of experience with mathematical model creation and/or evaluation, hypothesis testing and experimental design
• Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
• Demonstrated skills in data mining, machine learning, programming, dynamic optimization
• Ability to query databases and apply advanced data manipulation techniques across multiple sources
• Proficiency in at least one higher level programming language
• Proven track record of thought leadership in applying data driven models that had a tangible impact on business
• Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight and potentially changing deadlines in a high-paced and dynamic environment
• Superior problem solving and structuring skills; ability to mine large datasets and surface actionable insights
• Attention to detail and ability to understand and articulate the “big picture”
• Ability to identify and learn applicable new techniques independently as needed
• Strong collaboration skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to simplify complex ideas
• Ability to perform in an ambiguous environment and work with multiple stakeholders from various business areas
• Opportunity to utilize project and people management experience to lead our company in data science
• Development opportunities including career paths to equity-level positions
• Continued growth in analytical and programming tools
• Annual Gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
• Diverse, inclusive culture with Employee Resource Groups
• Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym
• Onsite healthcare and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
• Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
With products like Snapshot, it's no secret we're all about data at Progressive. As an always evolving organization, we need leaders in data science to bring new ideas and provide analytical expertise. Apply today to find a data science career you'll love.
Progressive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate. Sponsorship is available for this position