At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
MN Eden Prairie Office
R1941 Claim Associate Adjuster - Med Pay No Fault Adjuster (PIP) (Open)
Job Profile Summary
A training position whereby the Associate Adjuster learns, experiences, and develops multiple skills and activities required of a Claim Adjuster. Participates in required training activities, and learns investigation and settlement techniques. Learns and develops an understanding of corporate procedures and philosophies. Supports the Claim Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and learns the value of partnering with agency to deliver seamless customer service. This position is part of the job family for all Claim disciplines.
This role will be performing Claims Adjusting responsibilities that are Med Pay No Fault related (PIP). A medical background is a plus. There are multiple positions available.
Depending on qualifications, the selected candidate may be considered for a higher level position.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
Acquiring Claims Knowledge (100%)
- Attends a new employee training program that includes claim processing in various systems, policy and procedures, and company culture and its application to the Claim environment.
- Participates in an on-the-job training program and job shadowing experience which provide opportunities to apply claim processing knowledge gained through the New Employee Training program. Training will include exploration of the agent role in the claim process.
- Completes discipline specific training as assigned. This entry-level position is part of the Adjuster and Senior Adjuster job family for one of the following disciplines: Casualty, Physical Damage, Property, Commercial Farm/Ranch or Workers Compensation.
- Partners with management to select and enroll in one to two American Family general education courses offered via the Learning Connection. In addition selects and enrolls in an Insurance industry course from either the Insurance Institute of America or the Associate in Claims Program.
- Handles files with limited authority based on management discretion.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!