At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
IN Indianapolis Office
R2514 Life Insurance Sales Advisor (Open)
The Life Sales Advisor works collaboratively with sales state leadership to drive sales of Life products. Focuses on helping sales states and districts hit their life goals by identifying and working with segments of agents. Performs joint sales calls with agents, coaches agents on best practices, delivers expertise in group settings and partners with Education during life week of NATP. The Sales Advisor develops strong relationships with agents and field management to promote life sales as well as professional relationships with attorneys and CPAs to assist agents in addressing client needs.
External Sales Support (85%)
- Identifies and develops sales strategies designed to increase the sales success of the field sales force and enhance the experience of American Family customers. Promotes sales by initiating contact with field management and agents to communicate product sales opportunities and strategies and product or procedure changes/enhancements.
- Routinely visits agent's offices to provide prospecting, sales skill and product knowledge coaching. Assist agents with reviewing their book of business to identify immediate and potential sales opportunities.
- Provides field management and agents with a high level of life insurance technical expertise, knowledge of emerging trends and sales support via in-person presentations, e-mail, and phone contact. Provides product information, customer planning solutions and sales assistance.
- Performs joint sales calls with agents to assist in closing life and annuity sales.
- Assists agents in resolving issues related to product underwriting, issuance, and policy placement requiring a high level of technical expertise. This may involve collaboration between processing and underwriting staff or management and agent and field leadership.
- Works with education partners in supporting and enhancing life sales strategies and initiatives as opportunities present themselves.
Network Development (10%)
- Develops professional relationships with attorneys and CPAs to assist the agents in addressing their clients` needs.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with the field to promote life sales. Interprets the point of view of our customers and the field and suggests courses of action based on feedback. Represents the customer and the Agent in the home office.
Projects & Team Work (5%)
- Acts as a subject matter expert for consultation for product design or process enhancement projects and for the development of agent training materials with educational partners.
- Assists with training and mentoring of new sales support staff.
- Acts as a backup resource for sales support leadership responsibilities and inbound call handling as requested by department management.
- This position requires travel up to 75% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- CLU, ChFC, or CFP designation must be obtained within a specific timeframe, as defined by the manager.
- Must have or obtain proper Life insurance license within three months of hire. License maintenance and continuing education required.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Extensive experience selling or coaching sales professionals in advanced markets.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of life products and industry trends.
- Extensive sales experience with life or annuity products or experience with assisting agents in closing sales.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!