Experienced Inside Auto Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional opportunity for an Experienced Inside Auto Adjuster in Irving, TX!
Combine your skills working with people and working with vehicles!
When a customer is involved in an accident is when they need us the most. As an Allstate Inside Auto Technical Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise of delivering fair and efficient claim service. This position supports management in ensuring consistency of estimating practices from the repair facilities, and compliance to best practices. This role includes conducting desk reviews of estimates/supplements and photos from repair facilities and negotiate the damage estimate with the body shop as needed. You could also be reviewing and negotiating subrogation demands with Third Party Carriers. You will be writing Auto Damage Estimates from photos sent in by the customer. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and solve problems in a fast-paced working environment. You will be measured on your excellent customer service, process compliance, ability to provide accurate estimates and reach fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Investigates moderately complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates for moderately complex claims
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Determines valuation of salvage
- Evaluates diminished value in a moderately complex claim
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates system generated checks and pays appropriate parties
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience writing auto estimates from an insurance carrier or a body shop is required
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems
- Experience with estimating platforms such as CCC1 or Mitchell is required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.