Director - Digital Product Management
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Agency Solutions is an organization that is accountable for defining and delivering technology products and solutions that enable Allstate agents and their staff to be Trusted Advisors to our customers. The organization is doing so through a large portfolio of technology Products consisting of new, intelligent capabilities leveraging the latest approaches in software engineering, user experience design, and cloud technologies.
This position will be accountable for the organization providing Product Management for a suite of products that enable agencies to perform, Agency, Customer, and Lead Management, and support the Sales & Distribution cycle.
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Director – Digital Product Management will include:
- Managing overall Agency Solutions Product Management organization. Provide vision and direction to help transform the group from a project to product delivery mindset while adopting evolving delivery methodologies.
- Working with key business stakeholders, accountable to define Product scope and success criteria documented in well-defined Product Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) ;
- Defining integrated overall multi-year Product Roadmap for Agency solutions. Ensures product roadmap is aligned to and supports and integration of business, technology, and corporate goals;
- Understanding market trends for products that support agencies and benchmarks externally against best practices and emerging trends. Ensure market competitiveness of products provided to Agencies versus independent third-party solutions;
- Maintaining organizational focus on Allstate agencies and customers to ensure superior product design direction and execution. Ensure that agency feedback is codified to outline emerging needs, features, and functional requirements from which the team can design new products and offerings;
- Drive collaboration to effectively partner in a matrixed organization with Product Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, and User Experience teams to create comprehensive and coordinated strategies;
- Effectively lead estimation and costing in partnership with Product Engineering teams.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10-12 years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility in:
- Leading product management with a focus technology solutions;
- Well versed in developer operations, including software product development lifecycles and software architecture and design;
- Ability to partner with engineering teams to create prioritized delivery plans with clear commitments focused on time-to-market, quality and customer focused solutions;
- Innovative approaches to problems, coupled with creative thinking;
- Ability to conduct competitive analysis, identifying and defining ways to incorporate emerging technologies into products;
- Experience in working in global organization where engineering teams are geographically dispersed;
- Highly motivated and a passionate people leader that thrives on mentoring and developing a top notch product management team;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, and thrive in collaborative work environment;
- Extremely strong communication skills, in both large and small group settings.
An engineering or computer science bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree is preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.