- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.®
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Instructional Designer in Wheeling, IL!
This Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing advanced-level training material and other communications related to new processes for Claims. The individual directs the analysis of and synthesizes information related to new processes that impact the Field. The individual partners with Field staff, Home Office staff, and key stakeholders to identify training needs and provides subject matter expertise on adult learning and content delivery to influence planning for e-learning, training workshops and delivery of training. The role oversees the development and management of workshop curriculum to reflect current and updated Field and Home Office processes and ensures that proper measurements and assessments capture the impact of training deliverables. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is “fast, fair, and easy” to ensure customer and employee retention. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload.
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
Training and Education
- Leads projects to gather information from training stakeholders and determine and prioritize training needs
- Develops and documents standards for applying adult learning principles to design training materials, communications, and other media for Claim employees
- Evaluates effectiveness of training materials and programs and develops actions plans to address and identified opportunities for improvement via surveys, assessments and validations.
- Develops and implement advanced-level training content or other deliverables
- Partners with Field and Home Office leaders to understand process changes and updates, and influences training strategy and curriculum development to reflect process changes
- Collaborate with Claims Education Delivery teams to ensure the quality of training curricula and support materials
- Identifies and provides interaction/role-play support for training development and delivery
- Reviews and approves training material developed by others; provides feedback and guidance on overall content
- Manages the design of new course material for training workshops to support the goals and objectives of the business
- Determines scope, duration, and time required to complete project work
- Oversees training developers and creates training content ensuring new or modified training material adheres to established best practices
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- Previous experience managing projects in an instructional environment
- Prior experience in Learning & Development and/or adult learning is preferred
- Prior experience with various learning technology to include but not limited to: Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Prezi, PowerPoint, OneNote, Blackboard, and video production software is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Effectively interact and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.